- Sleep better & feel better during the day
- Lower your risk of serious health consequences
- Potentially avoid relying on a CPAP machine
A good night’s sleep improves the way you feel the following day. If you have Colorado Springs sleep apnea, however, you may never feel like you are well rested. You can receive treatment for this sleep disorder at Accura Dental. With treatment, you could:Doctor Chad Murdock on sleep apnea Read Transcript
Doctor Chad Murdock on sleep apnea
Sleep apnea is a really important topic in dentistry right now and a patient seeking advice and treatment on sleep apnea is something we can address. Sleep apnea can cause anything from high blood pressure to irritability to fatigue and poor health really. If you're not getting a good night's sleep, it will compound on itself. We have the modalities in our cone beam technology to look at the airway, look at assessing how patients are functioning and breathing and get them the treatment they need to repair or improve their oral health such that sleep apnea does not become a significant overall health problem for them.
- Get the deep sleep you need.
- Feel more alert when you are awake.
- Reduce your risk of high blood pressure, heart attacks, and other issues.
- Snore significantly less.
- Avoid having to use a bulky, noisy CPAP machine.
Healthy sleep is good for your overall health. Treating your condition at Accura Dental can help you and your loved ones get the sleep you deserve. Call us today at 719-249-2854 to schedule a consultation.
Get Treated So Your Loved Ones Can Sleep Well, Too
You may not think to talk to a dentist about better sleep, but we do have a comfortable and effective treatment that has worked for many people. It’s called a DMA, or Dynamax mandibular appliance. This oral appliance (similar to a mouthguard) shifts the position of your jaw so you keep breathing when you fall asleep. That allows you to get the deep sleep you need. It also reduces your snoring so the people close to you can sleep well, too.
Watch For These Sleep Apnea Symptoms
Many people with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) are not aware that they have it. Often, their spouses or roommates are the first to suspect something. Call us if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Everyone snores sometimes, but constant, loud snoring is one of the most noticeable symptoms of OSA.
- Many people with this condition wake up with morning headaches and dry mouths.
- Some people develop TMJ issues related to untreated OSA as well.
- Frequent daytime sleepiness is another clue that you are not getting the healthy sleep you deserve. When you have this sleep disorder, you frequently stop breathing when you fall asleep. This prevents you from reaching the stages of deep sleep. This can lead to sleep deprivation, which can leave you feeling fatigued, irritable, and easily annoyed.
Get a Good Night’s Rest
People with OSA have a greater risk of a variety of health issues. This includes cardiovascular disease, heart disease, and strokes. People with this sleep disorder are more likely to have kidney disease, type 2 diabetes, and some kinds of cancer, too. With our help, you can reduce the likelihood of developing these conditions.
Stop feeling tired. Instead, wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Schedule a visit with Dr. Chad Murdock at Accura Dental. Call 719-249-2854 or contact us online to see how we could treat your sleep apnea in Colorado Springs.