You could need oral surgery in Colorado Springs for a variety of reasons, but you don’t necessarily need to see a specialist for this treatment. In many cases, you can get what you need right here from Accura Dental and our team.Doctor Chad Murdock on oral surgery Read Transcript
Sometimes a patient will need to come into the office for oral surgery to either have their wisdom teeth removed, or to have a painful tooth removed. Oral surgery can be done very comfortably with some sedation or with the anesthesia that we use to help the patient feel comfortable. We want the patient to be completely numb before they have any oral surgery done. Whether it's an implant surgery or tooth removal for wisdom teeth, we make time to ensure that anesthesia is profound. That means that the procedure can be comfortable for our patients. They're not going to feel the tooth gently being wiggled out. Oral surgery's a great opportunity to take care of a painful tooth that needs to be removed, and we can offer that service for our patients.
Dental surgery can:
- End your mouth pain
- Prepare you for teeth replacements
- Make your orthodontic care easier
- Improve your oral health
Dr. Murdock and Dr. Carroll bring years of experience to Accura Dental and have helped patients of all ages with a variety of issues. You can get many oral surgery procedures at our practice. Call 719-249-2854 today to set up a consultation.
Stay Comfortable While Saving Your Smile
Finding out that you need dental surgery can be a source of dental anxiety. That’s understandable, and you should let us know about any concerns you may have. We will be happy to discuss the things we can do to keep you comfortable during your treatment:
- To ease your mind and help your body relax, we offer a variety of comfort options, including blankets and entertainment options.
- To keep you calm and pain-free during your procedures, we can provide laughing gas and medication.
- We’ve also invested in technology to make your treatment more effective, efficient, and comfortable. For example, our 3-D imaging helps us assess your teeth and jawbone. It also makes it easier to plan your procedure, such as where to place implants so you get the maximum benefit from each one.
Dental Surgery Makes It Possible to Replace Teeth & More
Having surgery in your mouth is probably not on your bucket list. At the same time, it’s often the best option for treating a particular problem. You may need a surgical procedure to replace lost teeth, to make it simpler to straighten your smile, or to remove an infected tooth. Here are a few of the services you or someone in your family may need:
- Bone Grafts – This procedure is done to add bone tissue where it may be low due to your anatomy or bone loss.
- Ridge Augmentation – This type of bone graft ensures you have enough bone tissue to support dental implants and can help restore the appearance of your jawline.
- Tooth Extraction – Taking out a tooth may be necessary in cases of severe crowding. We may also recommend it if a tooth is too decayed or damaged to be saved.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – This type of tooth extraction can prevent problems that may develop or have already developed if your wisdom teeth aren’t able to erupt correctly.