Your mouth does so much for you, which is why you want to keep it free from cavities and gum disease. With a consistent routine of brushing and flossing daily and visiting us for your Colorado Springs general dentistry, you can keep your teeth looking great. Regular checkups with Accura Dental and our team will help you:Image Title: youtube thumbnail - 4sixxiePTPc Doctor Chad Murdock on general dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry focuses on the needs of patients and their entire oral health. It's not just cleaning a tooth with a cavity on it. We want to educate and inform our patients about their oral health. What it is that's going to affect not only their chewing, their smile, but how they feel. The strength and energy they have from having a good oral health. It is the window to your body. We see so much come through your body and your mouth that we can identify as problems with excessive bacteria around your gums or decay that's causing bad breath, and we want to help take care of that. So, general practice of dentistry is not just cleaning and restoring teeth, but actually informing the patients how to best meet their needs and their health. It really focuses upon education, home care, what they can do to help us build a strong team so that when they leave here, they've got the tools and instruments to take care of their health until they see us again the next time.
- Maintain your oral health
- Catch problems in the early stages or prevent them altogether
- Enjoy the confidence that comes with a healthy smile
At Accura Dental, you can keep up your oral health with our comfortable, compassionate care. Call 719-249-2854 to make your next appointment with us. Schedule early mornings for your convenience. New patients without insurance are eligible for a $99 new patient exam. Ask about this offer when you call.
Enjoy Improved Oral Health With Regular General Dental Care
You know that it’s better to avoid problems whenever possible. That’s always true when it comes to dental care. After all, bacteria that cause cavities and gum disease are already in your mouth.
You can greatly reduce your risk of those problems by taking advantage of our general dental services. Plus, if you’re nervous about your treatment, we offer two great forms of sedation. At Accura Dental, you and your family have access to all these services:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Routine preventive care is how we remove plaque and tartar buildup. Plus, our 3-D light scanner helps detect cavities in their early stages.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If you do have symptoms of a gum infection, you should treat it as soon as possible at our office.
- Dental Sealants – These thin coatings on your teeth offer protection against cavity-causing bacteria.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride makes teeth stronger, and it can repair minor damage from decay.
- Mouthguards – A custom-fitted mouthguard can stop you from clenching and grinding your teeth. We can also design one that protects your smile while you play sports.
- Nutritional Counseling – Get answers to your questions about mouth-friendly foods and drinks.
- Oral Cancer Screening – We use OralID® to screen your mouth for signs of oral cancer. For a small fee of $25, you can get the information you need to move forward with oral health.
Stay Comfortable by Easing Dry Mouth & Bad Breath
In addition to all these general dentistry services, we also offer dry mouth treatments. Chronic dry mouth can be a symptom of many health conditions. Unfortunately, dry mouth also can increase your risk of decay and gum disease. Fluoride trays and more frequent teeth cleanings at Accura Dental can often help resolve this problem.
Persistent bad breath, or halitosis, can be its own problem or a sign of bigger issues. If this is a concern for you, we can discuss bad breath treatment options, including our laser cleaning. We also can offer tips for your home care routine to address this issue.
Regular visits to the dentist can make a big difference in your oral health. Do something good for yourself by taking advantage of our general dentistry in Colorado Springs. Make an appointment at Accura Dental by calling 719-249-2854 today, or schedule online.